Accident / Incident at work?
YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK IS OUR PRIMARY FOCUS
An incident or near miss is classified as anything that has the potential to cause an accident on site. These must be reported to us to ensure you are working on a safe worksite in a safe manner.
Regardless of the seriousness or extent of injury, you need to do the following if you are injured or there is an incident on site.
- Immediately report the injury to your Supervisor who will commence assessment of the injury and all necessary First Aid treatment. If you have an illness that you believe is related to your work, you must report it as soon as you become aware of it. You may record the injury in the register of injuries at the workplace and complete a notification of incident form
- Ensure Penrith Personnel is notified as soon as possible after the injury happens. If after hours, call us on our mobile 0418 211 414, we can then coordinate any action required; even if no treatment is needed we then establish what happened and why, reviewing Risk Assessments and controls
- Penrith Personnel has an established account with The Penrith Medical Centre on the corner of Henry & Lawson Streets, Penrith. We will confirm by fax with them that you are an employee of Penrith Personnel, that you are on your way there for treatment and what the injury appears to be – we organise this for you to simplify the process and reduce waiting time
- If medical treatment is required you need to visit either Penrith Medical Centre as above, or your own nominated treating doctor. After you have received any treatment, you need to obtain a WorkCover Medical Certificate. A standard doctors “sick note” is not acceptable
- If you have lost time due to a workplace injury, you will need to lodge a Workers’ Compensation claim through us. We cannot commence payment of compensation until your claim is approved by our insurer CGU
You are required by law to:
- Tell your Client site supervisor and Penrith Personnel of any injury as soon as possible and before you voluntarily leave the workplace where the injury occurred. We can help organise the doctors visit (see above)
- Obtain a Workcover Medical Certificate from your doctor if you wish to claim loss of wages and/or medical expenses
- Complete a Workers’ Compensation claim form
- Provide complete and accurate information about your claim
- Participate and cooperate in the establishment of an Injury Management Plan (IMP)
- Comply with the Injury Management Plan
- Return to work as soon as possible
- Notify Penrith Personnel of any change in circumstances (for example relating to your incapacity or income) as soon as possible.
Click on the following link to print off a copy of our notification form.
Accident Notification Form
There are many ways you can get this information to us. Post to Penrith Personnel -- c/- Freepost 568, Penrith NSW 2751 (no stamp required) Fax to Penrith Personnel on 4721 3125 Call your Consultant direct